Isaac Wood, my trusted CITIUS MAG cross country contributor and longtime author of The Wood Report (our NCAA cross country projections), joins the show to preview the 2018 NCAA Cross Country National Championships.
Isaac has been producing a very strategic and statistical algorithm to predicting where everyone will finish in the race and who will win. He shares insight into who he predicts will win the 2018 NCAA Cross Country Championships, which will be held on Saturday, Nov. 17 in Madison, Wisconsin.
Some of the points addressed:
– The NAU vs. BYU narrative
(Note: Isaac is also the director of operations at BYU so he delves into why we decided not to include the Cougars in the projections and columns for this season after last season’s results at the NCAA championship.)
– Who will be this year’s Portland Pilots and surprise the field to make the podium? How will the Portland Pilots fare?
– Can anyone stop Wisconsin’s Morgan McDonald?
– What does anyone know about Bradley and how they made it to their very first NCAA Championship?
– Can the New Mexico women go back-to-back?
– Hot takes about Arkansas’ women’s team and why Isaac thinks they’re the real deal
– “Weini Kelati. Sharpie.”
We delve into some listener questions and more on this bonus episode. We’ll return to the regularly scheduled interviews with Leah O’Connor’s interview later this week.
You can catch the latest episode of the podcast on iTunes so subscribe and leave a five-star review. We are also now on Stitcher and now Google Play!
Long live CITIUS MAG. If you want the site and podcast to continue going strong, please consider pledging any dollar amount monthly to show your love and support for what we do. Any amount is greatly appreciated. Your help will feed the bloggers. Visit Patreon.com/CITIUSMAG today.