Everything You Need To Know About the U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials Plans
“Your 2:42 marathoner of today could be your 2:24 marathoner of 2024. If there’s not someone there encouraging that and supporting that, then that might not happen. We saw this as a chance to invest in the sport.”
Jay Holder, Atlanta Track Club’s marketing and communications director, joins the CITIUS MAG Podcast to share the inside scoop on the plans around the upcoming 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials.
On this episode we’ll discuss:
- The final stages of preparations for hosting the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- What made Atlanta’s bid for the trials standout against other bids from Austin and Chattanooga?
- The A+B=Championship Model: “Everyone who qualifies is a potential champion and everyone needs to be treated like a potential champion from the second they get off the plane at Hartsfield-Jackson Airport.”
- Factoring in the Olympic history of the 1996 Summer Games
- How bad are the hills going to be? Jay shares a course preview and what athletes he thinks could fare best
- What was the original course vs. the changes made due to the growing number of qualifiers?
- How are they going to accommodate so many personal bottles?
- What’s the average temperature like for that weekend in Atlanta?
- America’s Marathon Weekend and what else is going to be taking place that weekend?
You can catch the latest episode of the podcast on iTunes so subscribe and leave a five-star review. We are also on Stitcher, Google Play and Spotify!
❤️ Protect your legs, nipples and arms with SQUIRREL’S NUT BUTTER. They use all-natural ingredients in everything they make. If it’s not natural, it’s not good enough for your skin. The products are made to prevent skin damage as well as restore and repair damaged skin. You can use promo code CITIUS20 for 20% off on all their anti-chafing products on their website. SquirrelsNutButter.com/ today.
Biz Inquiries/Write Us: [email protected]