Predicting the Most Unpredictable Race | 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials Preview
Chris Chavez and Matthew Luke Meyer reunite to recap all of the biggest storylines and news in the sport.
On this episode, we discuss:
- The Chonky Bois (Nike AlphaFly Next%) were deemed legal by World Athletics and will be on the starting line of the U.S. Olympic marathon trials. What do we make of the rules and is there a stigma attached to those athletes who wear them?
- Oregon announces the new Hayward Field will honor former track and field legends Steve Prefontaine, Raevyn Rogers, Ashton Eaton and Otis Davis but who else should have a floor named after them? We need more women!
- Tyreek Hill has no shot of making the U.S. Olympic team and it was a silly Super Bowl media week storyline
- Mondo Duplantis is breaking the pole vault world record with ease and now there’s a movie in the works on him
- Buy or sell: Nike unveils the new Team USA uniforms for the 2020 Olympics
- Running through results: Millrose Games | Ajee Wilson is the gold medal favorite, Donovan Brazier is going to be a problem, Justyn Knight didn’t take a subway for coronavirus concern, Elle Purrier has a tough decision with the 1,500m and 5,000m for outdoors
- Galen Rupp proved he is back with his 61-minute win at the Sprouts Mesa Half Marathon
- The beef between Lopez Lomong and Paul Chelimo through memes, explained
- U.S. Indoor Track and Field Championships meh after World Indoors was canceled but Bowerman Track Club has a great showing
- Joshua Cheptegai ran a solo 12:51 world record for the 5K on the roads in Monaco
- More world records fall with Ethiopia’s Ababel Yeshaneh clocking a 64:31 at the RAK Half to take 20 seconds off the half marathon world record.
2020 U.S. Olympic Trials complete prediction and why it’s so damn hard to make our picks but we do.
BONUS: A call with Amy Hastings Cragg to explain why she pulled out of the trials and what her race plan would’ve been
You can catch the latest episode of the podcast on iTunes so subscribe and leave a five-star review. We are also on Stitcher, Google Play and Spotify!
❤️ Support for this episode comes from Stryd. They’re helping ensure that you nail the perfect pacing strategy so you can keep a consistent effort in challenging conditions – all in real-time. I’m digging all the data that it’s collecting and you’ll see a bunch of people wearing them on their shoes at the US Olympic Marathon Trials. Learn more by visiting STRYD.COM/CITIUS
Biz Inquiries/Write Us: [email protected]