CITIUS MAG Podcast: Colleen Quigley on how she got into the sport, steeple people & training with the Bowerman Babes
2016 U.S. Olympian and Nike Bowerman Track Club steeplechaser Colleen Quigley joined the CITIUS MAG Track Club ahead of the U.S. Indoor Championships to discuss her road in the sport from being coached by her father at an all-girls high school in Missouri to becoming one of the strongest steeplechasers in the country.
On this episode, we also discuss:
- How she came upon the steeplechase as her specialty event
- Walking us through some of the closest finishes at the U.S. Outdoor Championships and Olympic Trials
- How strong is the 1-2-3 combo of Emma Coburn, Courtney Frerichs and her
- What its like training with the rest of the Bowerman Track Club’s talented squad of women
- The role that Pascal Dobert has played in her development as a steeplechaser
- Her funniest Jerry Schumacher story
- Plus more…
You can catch the latest episode of the podcast on iTunes so subscribe and leave a five-star review.
Listen to the latest episode on Soundcloud below:
If you’re a CITIUS MAG Patreon subscriber, you have access to the full episode including the listener questions as well as the famous final three. Not a subscriber yet? Support the site and the podcast for just $8 a month for access to the full pod, CITIUS MAG Track Club perks, discounts from other partners and more.
ON THIS EPISODE, WE TALK ABOUT:
- Colleen’s days as a model
- The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue??
- What’s the deal with Steeple Squigs Granola
- What advice would modern day Colleen give a younger version of Colleen
- What’s her favorite and least favorite workout to participate in
This episode was brought to you by Maurten. Fuel properly for long distance races! we recommend Maurten. It’s the world’s most carbohydrate-rich sports drink and it’s being used by the top marathoners in the world. Eliud Kipchoge used it during the Breaking2 attempt and the Berlin Marathon. Kenenisa Bekele has been using it since winning the 2016 Berlin Marathon. Mo Farah even used it prior to his gold medal runs at the world championships. It worked for me at the Berlin Marathon and it could work for you. They have two drinks with 40 or 80 grams of carbohydrates and they’re now available in the U.S. Check them out today at Maurten.com
CITIUS MAG PODCAST LISTENERS GET 20% OFF THEIR NEXT ORDER: Use promo code CMP20 at checkout. Click the image below to start shopping.