CITIUS MAG Podcast: James Lim Talks Competing On Survivor, Sprinting at Harvard
James Lim was born in Los Angeles but grew up in Seoul, South Korea. He returned to the U.S. at 16 years old and started sprinting at Andover Phillips Academy and was hooked on the sport. He attended Harvard, studied economics, walked onto the track team and served as a captain. While at Harvard, he convinced a friend to apply together for The Amazing Race. He was close to competing on that show but was asked by CBS to apply for Survivor’s 36th season.
James and I connected in New York City over lunch (so I could get some inside tips on how to get on the show) and then recorded a podcast in Union Square Park.
On this show, we discuss:
- How he ended up on Fiji competing on Survivor: Ghost Island
- What is it like for a runner to compete on the show?
- Would Ashton Eaton be the best competitor on that show?
- How closely does he follow the sport of track and field and who impresses him the most?
- What tips would he have for me to win the show?
- How does he convince someone to watch Survivor and what makes more than just a reality TV show?
- Where does someone go to the bathroom when they’re being filmed and stranded on an island?
- And much more…
You can catch the latest episode of the podcast on iTunes so subscribe and leave a five-star review.
This episode was brought to you by Maurten. Fuel properly for long distance races! we recommend Maurten. It’s the world’s most carbohydrate-rich sports drink and it’s being used by the top marathoners in the world. Eliud Kipchoge used it during the Breaking2 attempt and the Berlin Marathon. Kenenisa Bekele has been using it since winning the 2016 Berlin Marathon. Mo Farah even used it prior to his gold medal runs at the world championships. It worked for me at the Berlin Marathon and it could work for you. They have two drinks with 40 or 80 grams of carbohydrates and they’re now available in the U.S. Check them out today at Maurten.com
CITIUS MAG PODCAST LISTENERS GET 20% OFF THEIR NEXT ORDER: Use promo code CITIUS20 at checkout. Click the image below to start shopping.