1609 Podcast: Evan’s Colorado Adventure
We had a pretty solid episode this week, even without a guest. Evan’s been living the runner’s dream life in Colorado this week and had some cool stories for us. Apparently everything you’ve heard about adjusting to altitude is true – it’s really difficult. We recapped NCAAs and Rupp’s 59:47 in Rome, and we talked about our weeks in running. We also covered the gamut of the fantastic listener questions, including topics spanning:
- How to go about building up to 120 miles per week and how mileage increases affect easy paces
- Whether the sub-4:00 mile is still as prestigious as it once was and whether it still deserves to be, given that high schoolers do it every year now
- How Evan felt running Magnolia Road in Colorado this week
- Whether 2018 be a good year for discus throwers
- Why Roman Reigns is allowed to systematically break the Admiral-Lord Mountevans Unified Rules of Professional Wrestling through the use of illegal body armor to protect himself during the course of matches with legitimately dressed competitors
- Why track races jump straight from 5000m to 10000m and if there’s room for an intermediate distance. And why don’t our races just double in distance all the way up?
We’re always taking questions on Twitter at @1609pod and at [email protected]!