Runners Are Using Weed on Long Runs; Why Do We Care About 2:12 Marathons & More
The podcast that’s here to answer everything you’ve ever wondered about running. Hosts Ryan Sterner, Nicole Bush and Thoms Heynk will answer all of the questions that you’ve brought up during a long run or in the locker room. CITIUS MAG readers and listeners contribute their voicemails to drive the conversations in all directions. Bring on the personal stories, the Would You Rathers, strange hypotheticals and much more.
Call into the show: The voicemail line is: (646) 780-9218
On this episode, the crew discusses:
FRESH OFF THE BOARDS
According to an article that we stumbled upon from Unilad, “Runners Are Using Weed To Make Long Runs Less Miserable”
Here’s a clip from the article: “28-year-old Carolyn Ford (whose name has been changed for anonymity) is a public relations professional living in New York City. A keen runner, in 2013 she began training for her first ever 100-mile ultra-marathon which involved monotonous four to five hour training sessions. The thing Carolyn thought would make her training sessions more bearable was weed.”
VOICEMAILS AND TEXTS
- Why do people in the United States make a big deal about a 2:12 marathon?
- What’s your favorite pair of spikes? What was your first pair of spikes?
- Would you rather run in the Hoka Bondi or Vibrams for the rest of your life?
- What professional athlete would be most likely to win The Hunger Games?
- If a teammate runs a school record in the 5,000 meters during a 10,000 meter race, should it count as the school record?
- And more….
Listen to our third episode on Soundcloud below:
Enjoy the show? Consider donating to the site!