We Raised $1,805 On International Women’s Day For Girls Gotta Run
We just wanted to extend a quick thank you to all the Citwits who took a second during International Women’s Day to donate to our fundraising for Girls Gotta Run, non-profit organization that invests in girls who use running and education to empower themselves and their communities.
We were able to open up our Venmo account (@CITIUSMAG) and raised $1,805.41 for the foundation. This means that we will be able provides a year-long athletic scholarship for three young women in Sodo or Bekoji, Ethiopia. According to their website, here’s what the scholarship provides:
- The young woman will be able to attend secondary school, including healthcare for the student and her mom, daily meals, uniform, books, tutoring, access to school clubs and library, showers and space to wash clothes on the weekend.
- Completion of the GGRF/CCL Life Skills Curriculum developed to create safe spaces for girls and provide experiential learning modules on family planning, financial literacy, HIV/AIDS awareness, nutrition, healthy relationships, leadership, and creative expression.
- Running clothes, shoes and healthy snacks for the year
- Entrance and transportation to Ethiopian races throughout the year
- Oversight of a coach and running mentor
- Savings Group and Entrepreneurship Programming for her mother
The website says that it would be able to provide a biography and photos of the girl whose scholarship you are sponsoring so if we get that information, we’ll be sure to relay it to some of the generous donors.
Again, thank you so much to all of the generous Citwits that helped out. If you weren’t able to donate through our campaign, be sure to check them out directly at their site: http://www.girlsgottarun.org/