By Citius Mag Staff
August 19, 2022
World Athletics has announced its official qualifying standards for the 2023 World Athletics Championships set to take place in Budapest, Hungary from Aug. 19 to 27. Athletes will be able to qualify by hitting the entry standards or through their respective World Rankings place.
Marathon and 35K Race Walk: Dec. 1, 2021 to May 30, 2023
10,000m and 20K Race Walk and Combined Events: Jan. 231, 2022 to July 30, 2023
All other events: July 31, 2022 to July 30, 2023
Wild Card Entry Options
– Reigning world champions from the 2022 World Athletics Championships
– 2022 Diamond League winner
–World Race Walking Tour winner
– World Combined Events Tour winner
– Leading hammer performers on the Continental Tour
^ All of these are subject to selection by each athlete’s national federation.
– Area champions in selected disciplines are subject to certain conditions
– Top five finishers at Platinum Label marathons during the qualifying period and Gold Label marathon winners in 2023 will be considered as having achieved the standard.
– The number of athletes in the field events has increased from 32 to 36.
– Mile races on the track and road miles will now be considered qualifying events for the 1500m.
– Road performances in 5K and 10K races will be eligible for 5000m and 10,000m qualifying.
– The top eight athletes in the World Cross Country rankings will be qualified for the 10,000m.
Citius Mag Staff