- Summer of Hayward
- THE LAP COUNT
- ABOUT US
“It’s time. I’ve made teams – a lot of teams. I’ve been making teams since my sophomore year of college…Now, it’s time to get medals. Now, it’s time to go into competitions and leave with hardware. That’s where my mindset is now. I know I’m capable of doing it.”
Quanesha Burks is the 2022 indoor and outdoor U.S. women’s long jump champion and a 2021 Olympian. At the U.S. Championships, she jumped a personal best of 7.06 meters (That’s 23 feet, 2 inches). Heading into the World Championships in a week, she is ranked No. 7 in the world and the top American in the event. She is one of the most positive people I’ve had the chance to meet within the past year. As you’ll hear in this episode, she’s always had to work hard to make a name for herself and care for those she loved. Last summer, I wrote a story for Sports Illustrated on her since she put out a tweet about how she started at Mcdonald’s and now made it to The Olympics. Through it all, she’s continued to showcase her personality and humor with now more than 65,000 followers on Instagram and 46,000 followers on TikTok.
– Article One is an independent eyewear company based in Flint, Mich. with designers with deep roots in running. All their frames are handcrafted in a small village in Northern Italy. Designed with your entire day in mind, Article One takes you from a long run in the morning to drinks on the patio to wind down. Their timeless silhouettes, paired with technical components — like adjustable silicone nose pads, polarized lenses, and spring hinges — create running sunglasses that are standalone. CITIUS MAG listeners get 20% off using CITIUS at checkout at https://articleoneeyewear.com/
– Garmin is running sales on its Forerunner series this summer and just came out with their new Forerunner 255 and 955, which Runner’s World calls their GPS “more accurate than ever”
– Hydrow is a state-of-the-art rowing machine designed to transform the way you work out. Named ‘Best Connected Rower’ in the Men’s Health Home Gym Awards, rowing on the Hydrow works 86% of major muscle groups, compared with only 44% from cycling. That’s twice the benefit in half the time! It’s a perfect low-impact workout to add to your training cycle for both endurance and resistance training. Learn more at Hydrow.com. Use code CITIUS100 for $100 off of the rower (stackable with any current offerings).
– In less than a month, the World Championships get underway at Hayward Field. @HaywardMagic is the Instagram home for the true track & field diehards, dreamers and fans. They aim to share the magic of the sport and elevate the athletes that push it forward. Follow them on Instagram @HaywardMagic.
– You can also pledge any monthly support for us on Patreon or give a one-time donation by shooting us anything on Venmo – @CITIUSMAG. Your assistance helps us plan for future events like the upcoming U.S. Championships and World Championships.