August 1, 2022
“Motherhood has definitely helped me transform my own thinking in just knowing that I am strong, fierce and beautiful. Yes, your body has changed. Things changed but you can still do it…It doesn’t matter if you turned 30. It doesn’t matter if you’re a mother. You CAN come back. You can bounce back. You can use it as an advantage and something to motivate you to dream higher, climb higher and achieve more. You’re not limited by your age. It’s a part of the process. That’s how we have to look at it…Embrace the changes.”
Chris Chavez, Kyle Merber and Jasmine Todd speak with 10x world champion and 3x Olympic champion Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce after leading the Jamaican women to a 1-2-3 sweep of the medals in the 100m at the World Championships. She also earned a silver medal in the women’s 200m and 4x100m. She is one of the most-decorated track and field athletes in history and has no plans of stopping anytime soon. At 35 years old, she is the third-fastest woman ever in the 100m after running a personal best of 10.60 in 2021. We chat all about how she has reframed her mindset in her 30s and after having a child, which has led to much of this success.
You can watch the interview below:
You can now listen to our conversation on The CITIUS MAG Podcast. Catch the latest episode of the podcast on Apple Podcasts. We are also on Stitcher, Google Play and Spotify.
ARTICLE ONE SUNGLASSES
– Article One is an independent eyewear company based in Flint, Mich. with designers with deep roots in running. All their frames are handcrafted in a small village in Northern Italy. Designed with your entire day in mind, Article One takes you from a long run in the morning to drinks on the patio to wind down. Their timeless silhouettes, paired with technical components — like adjustable silicone nose pads, polarized lenses, and spring hinges — create running sunglasses that are standalone. CITIUS MAG listeners get 20% off using CITIUS at checkout at https://articleoneeyewear.com/
UPGRADE YOUR GARMIN TODAY
– Garmin is running sales on its Forerunner series this summer and just came out with their new Forerunner 255 and 955, which Runner’s World calls their GPS “more accurate than ever.” Music. Training. Data. The Garmin Forerunner 245 Music is my also one of my favorite running partners. You do the running. This GPS running smartwatch does the thinking. It even gets to know you and your body better, mile after mile and song after song. Get one for yourself here
ADD HYDROW TO YOUR WORKOUT
– Hydrow is a state-of-the-art rowing machine designed to transform the way you work out. Named ‘Best Connected Rower’ in the Men’s Health Home Gym Awards, rowing on the Hydrow works 86% of major muscle groups, compared with only 44% from cycling. That’s twice the benefit in half the time! It’s a perfect low-impact workout to add to your training cycle for both endurance and resistance training. Learn more at Hydrow.com. Use code CITIUS100 for $100 off of the rower (stackable with any current offerings).
They also just launched the Hydrow Wave. It is lightweight, 30% smaller than the Hydrow and can be easily moved around to fit your space. More details here.
@HaywardMagic is the Instagram home for the true track & field diehards, dreamers and fans. They are sharing the magic of the sport and elevating the athletes that push it forward. Follow them on Instagram @HaywardMagic.
SUPPORT THE PODCAST
– Subscribe and leave a review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Rating and reviews help new people discover the show and let future sponsors know what you think!
– You can also pledge any monthly support for us on Patreon or give a one-time donation by shooting us anything on Venmo – @CITIUSMAG. Your assistance helps us plan for future events like the upcoming U.S. Championships and World Championships.
– Pick up merch from the CITIUS MAG store to show your support for the podcast and website.
Chris Chavez launched CITIUS MAG in 2016 as a passion project while working full-time for Sports Illustrated. He covered the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro and grew his humble blog into a multi-pronged media company. He completed all six World Marathon Majors and is an aspiring sub-five-minute miler.