- Summer of Hayward
- THE LAP COUNT
- ABOUT US
On the series finale of TORCH TALK, Chris, Kyle and Dana run through the final day of track and field at the Tokyo Olympics where seven gold medals were handed out in the women’s high jump, the women’s 10,000 meters, the men’s javelin, the men’s 1,500 meters, the men’s and women’s 4x400m relay and the men’s marathon. We bring on Friend of The Pod David Melly, the host of the Run Your Mouth Podcast, for some extra spice on the final day of action.
In this episode, we discuss:
– Journaling in the women’s high jump
– Sifan Hassan’s Tokyo Olympics end with two gold medals and one bronze medal and thankfully she can now take some downtime
– India’s new javelin star Neeraj Chopra has a wild Wikipedia page and may be loaded now
– Can Jakob Ingebrigtsen take down world records after setting the Olympic record of 3:28 in the 1,500 meters?
– A fitting farewell to Allyson Felix at the Olympics but what’s next for her
– Rai Benjamin gets redemption with a 43.4 split to anchor the men’s 4x400m
– Eliud Kipchoge continues to prove he’s the greatest of all-time
You can catch the latest episode of the podcast on iTunes so subscribe and leave a five-star review. We are also on Stitcher, Google Play and Spotify!
OUR DAILY PODCAST DURING THE OLYMPICS IS PRESENTED BY HAYWARD MAGIC
Hayward Magic is a really unique and fresh editorial channel on IG that captures the magic and intensity of track & field. Their mantra is #makeittohayward because Hayward is not just a place. It’s a state of mind. It’s where guts meet magic. All athletes, fans and feats of guts are welcome! @HaywardMagic on Instagram.